This summer has been hot, hot, hot, fun, fun, fun, busy, busy, busy and crazy, crazy, crazy!

The kids and I left Illinois and drove to Utah for my family's reunion. Denver couldn't take any time off because of his residency. The kids travelled AWESOME! They just went crazy when we would get out of the car to use the restroom or get a hotel. They finally felt freedom and went crazy at those times, but when they were strapped into their car seats and seat belts, they were perfect. I was amazed and very lucky :)

At the reunion the kids and their cousins played in this water reservoir.

Colson was DIRTY! (and very happy)

Sterling loved the water and sand. Here he is holding a cup of water with tadpoles he found in the nearby marsh area.

Garrett and more tadpoles.

I did a poor job taking pictures. I was more concerned with visiting with my family then taking pictures and I was alone with 4 kids, camping in a tent so taking pictures was last on my mind. Although I wish I had.
We drove to Erin and Jason's house after the reunion to spend a few days there.
This is Mexican Hat.

A beautiful view on the drive. Thanks Maddy for taking these awesome

We went to Little America in Flagstaff to get awesome, inexpensive ice cream cones.
I finally got to meet Erin's Emma. She's a cutie!


After Erin's we headed to my parents to spend some time there. Again, no pictures :(.
Denver flew in for the 4 day weekend and we headed to Heber for his family's reunion.
At the parade. Here is his uncle.
Saturday, in the middle of the night Sterling threw up and we knew we had to start our drive home the next day so Denver could back to work/school in time. We drove 21 straight hours (all day Sunday and all night Sunday into Monday) and arrived in Illinois around 8am. We were exhausted, but didn't want to deal with a sick kid for 2 days so we made it quick.
A fun summer trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment