Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Palmers are quarantined!

We're not really, but we should be.

Friday evening Sterling threw up all over me. Saturday I took the youth to the temple to do baptisms. When I got to the temple I called Denver. He had a fever of 103 and he was taking care of sick Sterling and two other kids. Poor guy. What was I to do? We did our baptisms and then I called him again. His fever had dropped to 99 and he was feeling much better so we decided to stay and watch the 'Joseph Smith' movie in the visitor center so the youth could see it. About an hour into the drive home I talked to Denver again and his fever had shot up to 103. Once I got home at 10:30 I did my best to take care of him. His fever finally broke at midnight and we fell asleep just to be awakened by an emotional Maelie who had an ear ache and couldn't sleep. I sat with her and held her until about 7am when she finally fell asleep again. Needless to say I was exhausted from the temple trip and being up most of the night. Denver felt much better after getting some sleep and he let me go back to sleep.

At about 5:30pm today, Garrett said he wanted to go to bed, which he never does. He fell asleep quickly and we're thinking we might be up again tonight with a sick Garrett.

Sterling hasn't thrown up again, but has had tons of diarrhea.

We've had better winter seasons. Our 2009 year has brought us this by way of sickness:
starting mid Jan:
week 1: Maelie threw up, followed by diarrhea
week 2: I threw up (luckily it was just a 24 hour flu)
week 3: Garrett threw up, followed by diarrhea
week 4: Sterling had croup and pre-pneumonia
Now: week 5: Maelie had high fever and ear ache. Denver had high fever. Sterling had fever, throw up, diarrhea.

We are normally a very healthy family and don't get sick very often at all, so this is really throwing us a for a loop. I just want it all to end and to have at least one solid week of NO sickness!

3 comments:

jor said...

We were all sick this weekend too. Yuck. I can't wait for spring! Sorry it happened to you guys on your busy YW weekend!

teresa said...

Oh man, that's stinks! There is some sort of uber-bug roaming around because the sicknesses are rampant! Get better soon!!!

harrisfamily said...

Oh my goodness! We will be praying you guys get better soon. It is so hard, because you just pass it between each other and it never seems to go away. If I can help let me know. Stinks to be sick..poor Brad has had a cough for going on 2 1/2 weeks now and he is so tired of being sick. he keeps telling me...why do I feel bad every morning? It's rough...if I can help let me know.