



My nephew John is doing his Eagle Project and it is for "The Festival of Trees" (a big event that takes place in UT). He is actually preparing 3 trees that go hand in hand for his aunt, my sister, Shelley, that passed away 2 years ago. Each tree represents a big part of her life. One tree will have ornaments and such that represent her love of rock climbing. She was an amazing rock climber and loved to take anyone with her, even if she knew they would slow her down.
The other tree will consist of teaching ornaments. Her occupation was teaching high school students math. Her students loved her and she loved her students.
The last tree will be for her religious background. She served a full time mission in Russia. She had such devotion to her religion and loved her Heavenly Father and Savior so much that she served with all her capacity. Her faith led her to say "no" to a marriage proposal to the man she loved because he wasn't a member and couldn't take her to the temple.
I am so grateful for the time I had with Shelley on Earth. I miss her terribly, but I know that I can be with her again. It seems that sometimes I get caught up with so much of the things of the world that I forget why we are here. Thinking of Shelley helps me remember. I love you Shelley!
Thanks John, for the wonderful Eagle Project you are doing and for helping me remember.
1 comment:
Debbie, this is such a sweet post. I remember when Shelley passed away--you were so strong and had such an amazing perspective. I love going to the Festival of Trees. We will definitely have to go and see if we can find her trees.
Post a Comment