I'm getting ahead of myself. On my actual birthday one of my visiting teachers brought by this phillipine food (pancit sp?) which was so thoughtful because I really didn't want to make dinner on my birthday so this became our dinner. She also brought me a cheesecake (pictured below). My other visiting teacher gave me a card and a gift (I have GREAT visiting teachers!).
On the way home from work, Denver bought the ice cream cake for me so we could have a birthday cake on my actual birthday.
Random picture of Deacon-getting so big!
And another one :)
Love the clouds!
So the next day we started the day off by going on a 2 mile run together. Then we played racquetball for about an hour. We picked up Deacon, got cleaned up and then went to Angra. We realized we overdid it that morning when we felt exhausted while walking around Angra for about 5 hours.
We went to Ambientes Com Sabores, a delicious restaurant. For dinner it is very expensive, but for lunch you can get an appetizer, meal, drink and dessert for 11 Euro, which is extremely good for that restaurant.
It was the perfect day for a trip to Angra. After some window shopping and sight seeing, we went to Kono Pizza (pizza in a cone). To me it looked better than it tasted, but I'm willing to try it again sometime to see if it was just a bad day for the restaurant.
Waiting for our food.
Lots of drool
After playing around with the camera, our food came. The salad was delicious and the cone pizza okay.
We got home about 8pm, so it ended up being an 11 hour day away from kids, except the baby! It was a great day and I had lots of fun. I was able to take the next day to recover :) and then the day after that we left for our trip to Sao Miguel-post coming soon!
1 comment:
You are talented... eating and nursing at the same time. =)
And I'm not sure... but I think I forgot to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Hope it was a good one!
Post a Comment