I didn't blog last week so here is a two week update. For FHE we made our traditional Thanksgiving tree. Each person got 6 leaves. Here are the things we were thankful for in 2011 in no particular order:
toys, job, my thumb, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, Holy Ghost, time, my big comfy bed, lightbulbs, my family, clothes, freedom, being done with school, parties, people, food, diapers, bugs, beautiful Earth, my teachers at school and primary, Maelie, Garrett, Sterling, Colson, candy, movies, cookies, the scriptures, puzzles, the temple, running/exercise, blanky, school, water, husband and friends.


Denver had Monday off for a 'goal day'. I don't care what they call it, I'll take it (:
We went to lunch with some other couples. We went to La Rocha and had their famous chicken on a tile. I forgot my camera so our friend took one of us and our food. I don't have them yet so I'll just have to wait to post it. One of the couples had octopus. It didn't look very appealing.
Denver hadn't been to Serra Do Cume yet so we went there after the kids got home from school. It's fun to go different times when the sun is different in the sky or the clouds and weather is different. It was really pretty with the sun shining through the clouds.






On Saturday we went to a PTO activity at the school. It was Thanksgiving Bingo. Each kid that won Bingo got a free book. Sterling won 2 times and Dad won once so each kid got a book except Cole, but he didn't really care. At the end each kid that didn't win got a really cheap book so Cole got that.

They also had snacks and juice boxes there for everyone to enjoy.

week 2: A group of the branch ladies went to dinner together to say goodbye to a sister that's PCSing (permanent change of station) to Germany. We went to La Barca together. This restaurant was right on the water, but it was night and dark so we couldn't see the water.
I forgot to take a picture until I had already delved into my meal. That's an egg on top.

The sign is made of lots of bottle corks put together.

The group: (from left to right) Tina Carlson, Kim Davis, Jessica Jackson, Laurel Bingham, Michelle Ramey, me, and Erin LeNeave.

We got an email this week saying our household goods had arrived. Hooray! The email said they could deliver it on Thursday. So I called the place on base that we are borrowing the loaner furniture from to schedule a time for them to pick up their furniture. They couldn't pick our stuff up until Tuesday, next week, so we are scheduled for that day, the 22nd. We could've had them bring our HHG on Thursday, but then we would have way to much stuff to fit in our home. We are excited and ready.
This is where our stuff arrived, about 5 minutes from our house.

Because cows are such a big part of the island, I decided that they're worthy of a place on my blog each week (: This one was posing for us, it's ears blowing in the wind.

My visiting teacher and I made these cornucopias for our sisters. Ingredients: sugar cone, reeses pieces, trail mix, tea kettle, saran wrap and ribbon. Use the tea kettle to steam the ends of the sugar cone. Once the end is soft, use a pencil to roll the end. Let it dry and harden. Fill with candy and trail mix, wrap with saran wrap and place a ribbon around. My visiting teaching companion made this for me last year and I decided then that I would make them for my sisters next year so...

On Saturday we went to a baptism for Isaac Davis, a boy in our branch. He chose to get baptized in the ocean. It was a really neat thing to see. The day was sunny, but windy and I'm sure the water was cold. I'm sure it was a day he'll never forget. We told Garrett he can choose to get baptized in the ocean or in the font at church when he turns eight since we'll still live here. For now he's choosing the ocean.

Today we had a branch potluck. The food was great! We love our branch and the families that make it so wonderful. It's neat being in a branch. There aren't a lot of people so you really feel like a family. Everyone knows everyone and everyone's a friend, even with all our very different backgrounds.
Until next week!
1 comment:
Wow! Love the pics!!! Beautiful!!
Post a Comment