Yesterday we hit our 4 week mark. We are still waiting for our household goods. There is a boat coming on Friday with people's stuff, but if ours is not on there we'll have to wait 45 days sooo...here's hoping! This week has been good. No pictures sorry.
The main highlights of this week was getting our yard beautified! I checked out a lawn mower from the self help store (kind of like a library for stuff, not books) and mowed our grass. Then on Saturday we took out 5 aloe vera plants that were growing out of control with weeds and cobwebs mingled throughout. We planted 4 cute plants in it's place. Unfortunately I didn't take a before picture, but I did take an after picture so I'll post it soon. We got our fence put up so now the kids can play without my constant watch! Hooray!
The base put on a party for the kids with free food, games, bouncy houses and a chance to win an ipod touch.
Denver and I spent an evening Christmas shopping online :). There's not a whole lot of stuff at our Base Exchange and the stores off base have all their prices in Euro and I can't bear to pay that when I can find it cheaper online with US dollars. Too bad our dollar isn't as strong as the Euro. One Euro is equal to $1.70 USD. We had to shop early because it could take about 2 months or more for it to all come, so in an evening our Christmas shopping for our kids is done.
Today we gave talks in Sacrament meeting. We were pretty much told we'd be speaking again in a few months so we'll get really good at giving talks. Our LDS bldg. doesn't have AC and with the breeze, you normally wouldn't really need it, but the chapel was really warm today and the wind was very minimal today so as I was giving my talk, I could feel sweat running down my back. :) Other than that, the weather has been AWESOME and I love to be outside.
Well, that's all for now. I'll take pictures next time. Our camera, which is not that old, is on it's way out so hopefully it will last until we can get another.
No comments:
Post a Comment