I started training for a 5k in January and ran it in March at McKendree University. Here are the kids by a statue on campus.
It was a small group which was nice. I was able to get through the pain in my knee and train for this race. My next goal is a 10k.
I finished strong. I felt fine after the race and wanted to keep going. Denver and the kids were waiting on the sidelines for me to finish. It was a perfect Saturday morning run and we had the rest of the day to do what we wanted.
The next weekend Denver flew to Atlanta, GA for a Dental Conference he was speaking for. He planned a presentation and had to give it over and over for 3 hours. He was also able to attend some classes. He had a good time, but we sure missed him. He was only gone 5 days, but it was still too long.
This is a pretty morning shot I took from our sliding door window at breakfast. It's nice to eat breakfast with that view. We love the wide open space behind our house and will miss it when we move. We've turned in our list (ranking all the bases open) and will find out where we'll be moving on Friday.
1 comment:
Yea! Congrats on the 5k! Without the step classes at the Y I've tried to start running, but it's just not as fun as step was. I heard they're asking for volunteers for Europe now (Lajes and one of the UK bases) so if you guys still want to go overseas now's your chance!! What did you put for your top 5?? If they don't let us know by Friday, our director will be out of town for the following 2 weeks so we will have to wait THAT long to find out. Horrible, huh?? I'm dying!!!
Post a Comment