Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SICK

Last night at about 2am Sterling came walking into our room"Can I daddy?" his little voice said quietly. (meaning can I come out of bed). He then threw up all over the rug in our room. Then he said in a tiny voice, "oh no, I spilled". We hurriedly woke up, got out of bed and cleaned him up. One thing I can tell you is that Denver is sooooo much better at dealing with throw up than me. I hesitate and he just does what needs to be done. We stayed up with him for about 30 minutes to make sure he wouldn't throw up again. (somehow that has become our magic number for waiting. Every time a kid throws up in the night, we wait 30 minutes before putting them back to bed). We put him back to bed and then about 5 minutes later we heard him throw up again!

So we cleaned him up again (or Denver cleaned him up again and I assisted by giving him things that he needed). After the hard part (the cleaning up throw up part) was done, I sent Denver back to bed because he had to take his boards the next day and I took care of the easy part (holding Sterling). I waited longer than 30 minutes this time. He finally fell asleep in my arms around 4:30am and then I put him back to bed, half expecting him to throw up again. He didn't and he seemed fine all day today. Garrett threw up Saturday night, sterling Monday night, who's going to be Wednesday night? (2 day incubation period).

No comments: