Saturday, October 10, 2009

Introducing...

...Colson Brant Palmer 6 lbs. 12oz.

On the morning of October 9th we woke up and got ready to go to the hospital to be induced. This is the prego picture right before we left.

Waiting in the bed for things to progress. Still smiling.
They started the petocin at around 8:30am at a very slow level. I was GBS+ so they had to start the IV and get the stuff pumped into me before. At around 11:30 my water broke. I got an epidural at around 12:30 and pushed him out in 3 contractions and Colson was born at 1:16pm. We've never had a day baby! They've all been born in the early morning. Thanks to all those who watched our kids throughout the day.


The kids came to visit around 7pm and to meet their new brother. She looks like a pro.

Garrett was very sensitive to Colson.

Sterling hadn't had a nap all day so he was tired and wasn't so sure about Colson. He just wanted to be with mom and touch EVERYTHING in the hospital room. He also tried to escape our room a few times.

A mother of four!

A very proud daddy! He is so great with the kids and I look forward to watching him hold and love Colson.

So far he seems pretty mellow. He loves to suck on his hands and on day one found his thumb! Incredible! We'll be working on the binky alot. He's a good eater and already so much fun! I would have to say he looks most like Sterling, but that could change.

We feel so blessed to have a healthy little boy. It is such a miracle!

9 comments:

Justin and Sarah said...

Debbie, you look amazing! Did you just have a kid?!? Colson sure looks like he belongs in the Palmer family. What a cutie! I hope you have an easy adjustment to four kids! Congratulations!!!!

clarkeyisme2 said...

Deb, he is sooooo cute!! My kids all ooooed and aaaaaawd! Congratulations!!!

Meghan said...

Congratulations! He is so cute - love all the dark hair.

Teri said...

A very CUTE mom of four...I might add! You look great and CONGRATS on your new little guy :) He is so handsome! Hope all is well! We miss you guys!

Eric and Caralee said...

CONGRATS! I'm glad it was a smooth delivery, ditto for Sarah! You look awesome. Colson is a great name too. Can't wait to meet him! ;)

Bart and Ashli said...

Congrats! He's so cute. Love the name!

Lisa J. said...

Congratulations! Four kids, wow, good thing your a great mom! He is so cute, love his hair!

Angela said...

Congratulations! I love the picture of you and the 4 kids. Colson is such a handsome little guy!

teresa said...

congratulations! you look so good! and your little boy is a doll! i can't wait to meet him in person.