Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Our Easter week started on Monday where we had an Easter Family Home Evening. We started with a lesson on Christ, followed by an Easter Egg hunt! We hid them so good, that we had to search to find the few remaining eggs that hadn't been found yet.

Hunting for eggs!


Some of the eggs had some jellybeans in them! yummy!

After the hunt, we colored Easter eggs.

The kids really took care this year to make them look good. It took us a long time to finish them.


After decorating, we each ate one.



This week was also Maelie's spring break. We had tons of fun with her at home all week. I REALLY loved it and can't wait for the summer when she can be with us all the time. About 3 weeks ago I called my mom and asked her how she knew we needed glasses because I was worried about Maelie's vision. She told me the school nurse told her and that's when she took us in. Literally one week after that phone call with my mom, the school nurse called me and told me that Maelie did not pass her vision test. So we took her in as soon as possible to get her appointment. On Friday of her Spring Break, she got her glasses with prescription and all of -2.5
She loves them and she looks cute in them.
On Saturday we went to the temple and it was CROWDED! It was such a nice time to go, just before Easter. We were able to go through a Mandarin Chinese session! The last time Denver got to do that was on his mission. He LOVED it.
Sunday we dressed up for Sunday.

Sterling G-Qing it with his Sunday best. So cute!

Garrett looking like a stud in his Sunday best. His new thing is to smile really big in all his pictures.
A week before Easter I decided I wanted to make Maelie an Easter dress instead of buy one. Here is the final creation.


Mom and the kids. If you notice the different vest and pants Garrett is wearing from the previous pictures it's because he had an accident (potty) during picture taking. We were both in the choir and we had to be there 30 minutes early so we had to make a quick change of his clothes. As we were going to leave, I found a little rip in Maelie's new dress! I didn't have time to stitch it, so with a safety pin and a sad mommy, we were out the door, a little late to choir practice.
Dad and the kids.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Maelie is soo super cute in her new glasses! Great job on her dress Debbie! What handsome young men - can't believe how fast they're growing up.

teresa said...

Your family is so cute, I love the pictures, and Maelie looks great in glasses!

sara cardon said...

Cute pictures!! Your boys both look so studly-- and Maelie is adorable in her glasses. Fun Easter!!