What has happened since going to Hershey, PA (my last post)? Here is a quick update. (For journaling purposes.)
New years Eve we had a party at our house and invited families over who where still in town. We played games, visited, and ate food until wee hours of the night. It was great! thanks to all those who came to celebrate bringing in the New Year with us.
One New Year goal that I will share: Call DJ Denver because I think it is a cool name and want to call him that. It will be a hard change because I've been calling him DJ for over 7 years!
Jan. 3rd we drove to DC to attend the temple. After our sessions, we stopped in MD to see some friends who were visiting for the Holidays from UT. It was fun to catch up with them and meet their adorable, happy little baby boy! Thanks for spending time with us Mark and Jess! That same day we found out Denver's uncle died from a brain tumor. The tumor was discovered Dec. 23rd or 24th. He had surgery on Dec. 26th and they found that it was one of the worst tumors. They gave him 8 weeks to live. On Jan. 1st he fell into a coma. On Jan. 3rd he passed peacefully.
On Sunday Jan. 4th we celebrated Denver's 29th birthday early with delicious dinner, cake, and presents. He got a compound bow that he loves and it might slowly take my place! I think I'm going to hide it right now. JK He really does love it though, but I still take precedence over it, most of the time :) Note to self: next time get husband a gift that isn't too lovable.
Jan. 5 school starts again for Denver and Maelie
On Thursday (Jan. 8th) Denver flies to AZ to attend his uncle's funeral.
Jan. 9th Denver's birthday Jan. 10th Funeral
I wait patiently and lonely for Denver's return home on Sunday night Jan. 11th
Life gets back to it's busy, normal self after having a nice relaxing Christmas break. The kids have been playing great together and I love to watch their constant make believe play. Cute.
Kristen finally had her twins! It's about time. 6lbs 4 and 6lbs 9! That's a lot of baby!
I got the stomach flu, but at least it only lasted 24 hours and no one else got it! My appetite didn't return for a couple of days, but when it did, watch out! I was ready for some good food. I hadn't had a stomach flu since before I had kids so it had been awhile and my opinion of it is still the same. It is AWFUL!!!!
Maelie is reading, writing, and learning math in school. She is growing so fast and learning so much. I don't know what to do! Cry or smile? She is a great girl and loves her family very much. I'm amazed at her vivid memory. She remembers so much.
Garrett loves to help me do the dishes and make dinner. He still loves his puzzles and does at least one every day during Sterling's nap. He is so fun and i'm glad he and I get to spend a couple hours a day together alone while Maelie is at school and Sterling is sleeping. He can really talk your ear off.
Sterling is learning how to be bossy from his brother and sister. He continues to crack us up. His belly seems to stick out a mile. He could eat all day and would if I let him, but then he wouldn't eat his dinner very well. He's a very content little guy.
Denver is really enjoying working on patients. He's told me many times that school is soooo much better now that he doesn't have to sit in class all day. He is very good at what he does, too. He is less stressed and when he comes home, he usually doesn't have to study, unless he has a test! Weird. That's all we've really known our whole marriage. I cold get used to this.
I am trying harder than ever to enjoy every step of my journey and to not wish away the days until this or that (but I still can't wait for this summer when my family will all get together to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. It's been a long time since we've all been together. Over 3 years). :)
1 comment:
That's a lot to pack into a small period of time! But it sounds like for the most part things are going really well for your family. I'm excited to see Glenn more often too!
Post a Comment