We decided to summarize our trip by saying the top 10 best and worst things. There was just too much to say. So here goes
Best (not in any order)
1. Spending time together as a family for 2 weeks
2. Swimming in the ocean (cape cod)
3. Seeing the most beautiful lighthouses I've ever seen (in Maine).
4. Going to the Boston temple. We took turns watching the kids.
5. Learning more about our church's history
6. Singing The Spirit of God in acapella in the Kirtland Temple with 130 other people.
7. Watching the Hill Cumorah Pageant.
8. Going on Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls
9. Visiting with family. We visited with 3 of my sisters and one bro-in-law
10. Taking Erin home with us and spending time with her in Philly
Sorry, there's more.
11. Watching the most AMAZING fireworks I've ever seen on the banks of Lake Ontario!
12. The white mountains in NH or VT (I don't remember. We loved driving through NH and VT. It was absolutely beautiful).
13 Staying up late and sleeping in.
14. Going to church in Palmyra.
15. Visiting the Dental clinic on the Boston AFB. DJ loved it!
16. The thunderstorm in Boston. It was really cool.
I better stop or I could go on and on. It was a great and much needed vacation.
Worst (not in any order)
1. Driving all over East coast with 3 rambunctious kids
2. Paying for hotels
3. DJ's battle with poison ivy. Poison Ivy won
4. Our Motel 6 that didn't have any AC, any pillowcases, and any towels! (Thankfully, we were refunded our $ in the morning.)
5. Not having many home cooked meals. We are truly sick of PB&J and the dollar menu at Wendy's.
6. Toll roads (although they were all much cheaper than the tolls to DC and NYC)
7. My battle with pink eye. I had to wear my glasses for the majority of the trip.
8. Running out of memory on our camera so we couldn't take any more pictures.
9. Changing poopies on the go, in the car.
10. Paying for gas! However, it was usually cheaper than Philly's prices.
3 comments:
Sounds like a great vacation! There's a lot we never got around to seeing while we were in Philly, so I'm glad you guys are taking advantage! I'm so glad you commented on my blog because I forgot you went private, so my google reader hasn't been showing any new posts - so I haven't seen it forever! It was fun to catch up!
Cute new blog background! Your vacation sounds awesome! You guys packed so much in and it looks like everyone was it good spirits the whole time - you're amazing parents.
Debbie!
It's been so long. I just noticed that you went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Gordon's family was in it. We feel connected (sort of). I haven't seen you in forever--and Gordon has never even met you. Maybe we'll be able to visit someday. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment